Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kyle and Journee (9 and 12 years old)













I thought I would add a little explanation about all these pictures that I have posted lately. We have a tradition of taking the kids out every fall to take pictures. Usually the first part of October. It is fun to go have a picnic during General Conference weekend and listen to it on the radio as we drive to or from our location.
The day we went we had been debating all morning if we should or shouldn't go. It had been drizzling rain all night and morning and Talon was not feeling very well. It was also the only day we knew we would have a chance to go. We saw a slight break in the clouds and loaded up. We went to one of my most favorite places, Medicine Lodge. It is a small state park that is hidden away in the hills. I love it. It is the place we started the tradition. Karlee was just a baby, not yet a year old. I have some of my favorite pictures of Jada from that first trip. Another reason I like to go there, the memories. The kids love it there, too. It is a great place for them to play and explore. So that day I decided we weren't going to fix their hair all up or get too serious about posing for pictures. We knew we only had a short time there before it started raining again and I wanted the kids to get to have fun. Sometimes picture taking is not so fun for them. I wasn't having much luck at just catching them in the moment, they would never stay close enough for more than a blink, so I would have them stop here or there and just take a quick shot. The lighting at first was really nice and then as the clouds closed in more again, it got pretty dark. It also got very chilly. It poured on us all the way home. I am really glad we didn't talk ourselves out of it. The beauty, laughter and fresh air were just what we all needed.

2 comments:

Trimble said...

Handsome and beautiful! :)

nicc and aimee said...

WOW! Your kids are so grown up! It was great to see some pictures. Tell Kyle I said hi and I can not believe that he is 9!

Snowball Fight

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!