Karlee and Allie have been wanting their 'hot' hair cut all summer. I really like their hair long so I kept putting them off. Finally I relented and chopped it off. Allie had donated to Locks of Love before. Remembering this, both girls asked if they could do it this time. This would mean I would have to cut a lot more than just the simple trim I had planned on :) but I was happy they wanted to do something nice and were thinking of others. Their before pictures are a bit crazy. Their hair had been in a bunch of twisty braids, so it was very kinky and puffy when I took it out.




Allie decided she wanted to try having bangs. This is the first time she has ever had them. She had so much hair when she was a baby we just grew it straight out.
The braids. They both measure 11 inches long. It is fun to see the difference in color in their hair. Allie's is also a bit thicker.

Azurdey wanted in on all the fun and decided she wanted a hair cut also. She kept asking me to make an braid and cut it off. I finally convinced her that she wouldn't have any hair left if we took that much off of hers so she consented to just letting me trim the ends and give her bangs. I told her that when she got older and had enough hair for the minimum 10 inches that she could do it if she still wanted. I didn't get a before picture but here is her new look.




Allie decided she wanted to try having bangs. This is the first time she has ever had them. She had so much hair when she was a baby we just grew it straight out.

The braids. They both measure 11 inches long. It is fun to see the difference in color in their hair. Allie's is also a bit thicker.

Azurdey wanted in on all the fun and decided she wanted a hair cut also. She kept asking me to make an braid and cut it off. I finally convinced her that she wouldn't have any hair left if we took that much off of hers so she consented to just letting me trim the ends and give her bangs. I told her that when she got older and had enough hair for the minimum 10 inches that she could do it if she still wanted. I didn't get a before picture but here is her new look.




3 comments:
Donating to Locks of Love twice by your 7th b-day is ridiculously awesome. Allie has so much hair it is crazy. I have been planning on giving Syndee back her bangs for her back-to-school hair cut (I like her better with bangs.:) It is a little strange seeing your girls with bangs (eventhough Karlee has had them before), but they all look pretty.
I wish Charlee's hair would grow back already; I miss her long hair.
Wow -- the hair growth in your home is pretty amazing...I am glad Azure didn't convince you to cut off a braid of her hair too. It is neat seeing the braids laying next to each other.
Ahh. . . I've donated to Locks of Love several times - I just love that your girls are doing it at such a young age. Good for you for "letting" them. I'm a sucker for long hair - I probably would have cried. What a fun experience though.
Post a Comment