Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy 13th Birthday, Journee

Journee turned 13 yesterday. So now she is officially a teenager. I think she has thought she was one for quite awhile now, so I am glad she finally has a valid excuse for acting like one. ;)
She wanted a LMS mustang for her cake. I wasn't quite sure how to go about it, especially without having a whole lot of time to work on it. I also didn't want to make a mess of it, so I compromised the cut out and went for more of a bakery look. Simple, but it worked and she still got what she wanted. The white mountain frosting being the most important.

On Friday, for her birthday Gerry and I took her and two of her friends to Billings with us to hang out, shop, and go out to eat. Getting to eat out is always a treat. They picked Red Robin. Journee got to be embarrassed and sung to. I think it was worth it though, because she got a lot of attention from a cute waiter, who brought her a balloon and tied it to her birthday sundae. It was a fun evening for all of us to get away for a little while. She has been doing a LOT of babysitting lately and deserved the night off. She bought a cute hat and sweatshirt with her birthday money and the gift certificate that she got from her Grandma/pa Hyde. She also got a make-up bag and some supplies to go in it. Last night she got her other presents, a new cell phone and a speaker that she can use to listen to music from the phone.

1 comment:

Teri said...

I'm glad Journee had a great bday. She really did deserve it. I know she helps out a lot. She told me she was not going to become a snotty teenager...I'm going to hold her to that. ;) The cake is very cute. For being as busy as you are, it is neat that you still made it special...of course you did...you always do.

Snowball Fight

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!