Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun

Journee isn't dressed up here but I guess when she got together with her friends for the evening they threw on some sheets and cut out eyes for ghosts. I asked if anyone took any pictures but they didn't :( Crazy how hard it is to let her go off and do her own thing. She came home with more candy than the little kids did though :)

Our Little Lion---I think Talon enjoyed being a lion and I even got him to raaarrrrrr. When we were trick-or-treating he loved being able to pick out his own piece and chatter at the person offering. By the end it started sounding more and more like thank you. He was a cute bugger. He never whined or fussed the whole night out. Just had fun being drug all over the place. He was out though, as soon as he hit his car seat, well, at least until we got home and he got free rein on the candy :)



The "PINK" Princess---Azurdey informed us well before Halloween that she was going to be a princess, a pink princess. Glad we found a pink dress...whew...with Azurdey, NOTHING else would have been acceptable. She requested the pink hair as well. Even with 4 other girls, I have never seen anyone so crazy about PINK!!


The Rainbow Witch---That is what Allie told everyone she was. Her hair, though hard to see in the pictures is all colors of the rainbow. The pink just sticks and lasts the best for some reason. I am glad my girls like to be witches. They are my favorite. The kids had a costume parade at school and that is what the third picture is of. I really liked that they had it outside this year. I also got to sneak in and get one of Allie's whole class.

The Green Witch---Karlee was excited to follow in her older sisters' shoes. Literally, I found Jada's boots looking for something for Karlee to wear on her feet. She was thrilled with that. I was glad I was alone when I found them so I could have my little 'moment' before I shared them with her. It is always hard to come across and share such things because of the memories and yet the girls are always so happy to have something of hers. Both Journee and Jada wore this witch costume before. We have since lost the belt but I still think it is neat.

Here is a picture I found of Jada in the same costume in 2004 at IPE in Laramie during their Halloween Parade. They weren't allowed to wear masks or make-up to school. We made her all up later for trick-or-treating but I don't have one of those handy to post.

The Unknown or Mysterious Phantom---His eyes light up and look pretty cool in the dark. I really had to acknowledge that my kids are indeed growing up as Kyle preferred to go to a party rather than go trick-or-treating with us this year. My first reaction was, "No, you can't go, you need to be with us." Then I saw the look on his face and realized I was being selfish. There was no reason we couldn't take pictures and then he could go have a good time with his friends. He said the party was a lot of fun.


It was such a nice evening, great weather for a change. The kids only wore an extra shirt underneath and didn't get cold until the very end. Even then I am not sure if they were really getting chilly or were just tired and having a hard time carrying their full buckets. They definitely got 'treated' well. (Notice Azurdey's pile is a little larger than the others...hmmmm....same number of houses.....??)


Doesn't he look happy?!!
This is how I found him this morning.

A sucker in each hand...
...alternating one

...to the other.



3 comments:

Teri said...

The kids look great! Azurdey looks so pretty. I think she should permantly color her hair that pink. ;) I love the way the color of Allie and Karlee's eyes stand out with the eye shadow and eyebrows.
Talon is adorable and I love the pics of him eating both suckers!

Mindy and Kelsey said...

I had fun reading you latest blogs. I'm glad to see that things are going well. Your family is beautiful and so blessed to have a wonderful, creative, and fun mom like you.

Anonymous said...

HEY-HALOWEEN HAD TO HAVE BEEN MUCH FUN IN GETTING READY INCLUDED. iT IS FUN TO SEE EVERTHING THAT TOOK
PLACE. ASH....YOU DO GOOD!!

lOVE MUCH-MOM BURTONKENNEDY

Snowball Fight

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!