Over Halloween weekend Gerry and his friend, Bryan went deer hunting. They were both successful. It has become somewhat of a tradition for Bryan to come visit in the fall and go deer and pheasant hunting. He is a good friend and we always look forward to his visits.


So along with the general up keeps of a large family, school events, Halloween, and building a house, I also got to cut up a deer. Yea me! I guess it is not THAT bad and it does feel nice when it is all done and in the freezer, a feeling of accomplishment, I suppose.
While I was cutting it up, Azurdey came into the kitchen and asked what I was doing. I told her I was cutting up Daddy's deer
Azurdey, "I don't want you cut up the deer. It's nice, it's not mean, it's nice deer."
Then she starts to cry. I tried to explain to her that we cut it up so we can eat it later and have food. She doesn't like that at all. "I don't want the deer died!" and then she goes on to tell me again and again how nice deer are, they aren't mean, they don't bite and how she saw it's head and legs. I think she cried for about 10 minutes all the while explaining how she didn't want it died or cut up. After she got over that she decided it was really stinky and disgusting and stayed out of the room, until she came to inform me there was no way she would be eating it either. "Never, ever!"
Since it has been awhile since I have posted I decided to include some random things.
On Nov. 4th we had an evening rain shower. The sky looked amazing and changed so quickly. Nature is the best artist. I thought I'd share.
Allie loves to color, draw, paint, write, all of which are great. It is just that she gets so distracted by it and can often be found in the corner with a paper when she is suppose to be helping clean, getting ready to go, or going to sleep. She also tends to leave all her supplies laying out everywhere or hidden in all her secret spots for later. You know, all those places where little hands can get a hold of them. Well, on this particular day she left out a marker. Can you guess which color???




They managed to break it open. Talon has also been doing this funny thing for the camera. He puts his head down and rolls his eyes up with a very serious face and then suddenly pops his head up with a big grin and laughs. He will do it over and over. It is pretty cute. The last two pictures give you an idea.
A quick house update--The basement has all the base and trim in, caulked and painted, ready for carpet. The beams are also sanded, stained and trimmed out. Just a couple little things and the final plumbing and it will be finished. We also completed the hardwood in the kitchen/dining room and have about half the base and trim done upstairs. The siding is still going up little by little.
4 comments:
Talon makes the cutest smurf ever. I felt the same way Azurdey does about rabbits... never would eat them. Has she asked what meat she is eating lately.
Talk to you soon
Those pictures are gorgeous and eek about the marker!
I remember Vic and her fit about rabbits.
I think that is so cute of Azurdey. I used to hate to see mom cutting up all manner of wildlife in the kitchen...until she would hand me a knife and I got to help. :) I never got to cut any of the real stuff, just left over pieces. Gross that I liked it. I have yet had to doing any real cutting in my adult life.
Your post shows how busy you are and yet you have time to see the humor and beauty that surrounds you. I loved reading all of it and oooooed and aaaawed the outdoor pictures.
Post a Comment