We all had a lot of fun last week. Monday, Talon and Azurdey helped me make sugar cookie dough for my upcoming birthday and Valentine's Day treats.


Then that evening for FHE we baked the cookies and made some Valentine's cards.


Tuesday was my birthday and we went to Cody to watch Journee play basketball. We also picked up a few needed household items from Wal-Mart. During the day Gerry surprised me with a delivery of 6 very pretty roses.
Then that evening for FHE we baked the cookies and made some Valentine's cards.
Tuesday was my birthday and we went to Cody to watch Journee play basketball. We also picked up a few needed household items from Wal-Mart. During the day Gerry surprised me with a delivery of 6 very pretty roses.
Wednesday, I was surprised to receive another delivery of 6 beautiful white roses. This made me suspicious he was up to something. Wednesday evening Gerry had YM and I went with Journee to New Beginnings.
Just as I suspected, Thursday I received another special delivery, 6 purple roses. Journee had another basketball game. We all went to watch her play. When we got home I made treats for the kids to take to their school Valenti
ne's parties. Apples chunks dipped in cherry and almond bark and assorted pink and purple sprinkles.

ne's parties. Apples chunks dipped in cherry and almond bark and assorted pink and purple sprinkles.Friday, I got 6 pink roses. We were so so busy all week that this was the first chance we had to finally frost and decorate our cookies. We delivered some to friends. The kids all had fun at their school parties. I remember Valentine's Day as always being one of my favorite days at school. It may be just because it was close to my birthday or just getting to make things for my friends, but whatever the reasons, it was always a highly anticipated day.
Kyle and his creation.
Azurdey and her cookie.
Here are some of the completed cookies.
Saturday was the grand finale of my birthday/Valentines day surprise, with the delivery of 12 red roses and a cute beaded necklace.
I also received very sweet notes with each delivery. If you kept track of the amount of roses you would see that they total 36. Guess how old I turned this year? If you guessed 36, you would be right. I was so impressed that Ger took the time to plan out this special treat for me. I am so fortunate to have him in my life. He is the best. I would be incomplete without him.

We enjoyed our Valentine's day by starting off with our traditional Valentine's Day breakfast. Depending on the day of the week it falls, sometimes this is our dinner. We were lucky this year to have our Saturday morning open to spend as a family.

We have pink pancakes with hearts cut out and eggs in the middle, covered with strawberries, whipped cream and sprinkles, along with sausage links and pink (strawberry) milk. We also put the kids' Valentine's from us by their place settings.

We enjoyed our Valentine's day by starting off with our traditional Valentine's Day breakfast. Depending on the day of the week it falls, sometimes this is our dinner. We were lucky this year to have our Saturday morning open to spend as a family.
We have pink pancakes with hearts cut out and eggs in the middle, covered with strawberries, whipped cream and sprinkles, along with sausage links and pink (strawberry) milk. We also put the kids' Valentine's from us by their place settings.
Later we went and watched Journee play basketball again. Then that evening Journee watched the kids so that Gerry and I could go to a church activity. We went bowling and had pizza. Good fun and good company. It was a very enjoyable Valentine's Day.




3 comments:
That is so neat about the roses...good job Ger!
Your V-day sounded like a lot of fun.
what a great ideal, way to go Gerry! Hope you had a happy birthday
Ashlee, I just stumbled across your blog...and love it! I'm not even sure if you know who I am and I don't want you to think I'm stalking you, but I do want you to know I think you are an amazing mother! Your kids are beautiful and I loved the Fancy Nancy pictures...those are precious! My Owen is the same age as Talon and boy, they sure have the same ideas. You are doing an awesome job and you are an inspiration! ...By the way, what kind of camera do you use? ..your photos are incredible!
Post a Comment