Friday, May 23, 2008

End of the School Year



These are the wonderful teachers that Allie, Kyle, and Karlee had this year. I still believe it is one of the hardest jobs out there. So we give a big shout out and thank you to them!


















After 3 field trips and a couple of "fun days" this week, the kids are officially done with this school year. Kyle went to Thermopolis to the dinosaur museum. Karlee went to the Billings Zoo and Allie went to Red Lodge. The weather was really nice for them and they all had a fun, safe time. Journee found out that middle school doesn't get to have quite as much fun at the end of the year as the elementary does. She did however have a day of play. They got to have a paper airplane contest and played kickball. The elementary's fun day got rained out so they moved it into the HS gym. Not quite as much fun as playing water games outside but as you can tell from the pictures the kids still had a good time. They all end the year with great report cards and lots of fun stories and memories.












Allie will miss having Natasha at school with her next year.









I thought I would include a couple recent pictures of Talon. He likes to play peek-a-boo out of his play pen. He ducks his head and then comes up grinning and laughing. He also loves to wrestle with his dad. He is a bit braver when it comes to being tossed around than his older siblings were. One of his other favorite things to do is to growl. You can hear him throughout the house, especially when he has found something he likes to play with.














Here is the house as of Friday morning. We have had SO much rain the last couple of days. It is just a big mud hole around it. The kids and I are leaving for Star Valley tomorrow morning for Memorial Day. Cordell is coming to help Gerry work on the house. We are excited for his visit and help. I hope I will have some new progress pictures to post when I get home on Tuesday. :-)













I picked a bunch of lilacs to take to Star Valley with me to put in the cemeteries. I am excited that they are so pretty right now. Usually they are all gone by Memorial Day, but with this weird spring weather we have had they are just right. They smell so good and have always been one of my favorites.

No comments:

Snowball Fight

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!