Monday, April 28, 2008

Last Week

Well, we had a pretty busy week last week and I am sure things will not slow down with the last month of school. On Monday we had the Sister Missionaries over for dinner. It was the first time we have ever had Sisters over. It was a nice evening. Tuesday, Journee and I got to go to her book discussion group. We read "Soldier's Heart" by Gary Paulsen. It deals with a boy who goes to fight in the Civil War. It was a quick read and brings to front the realities of war. May be a little graphic for 12 year olds, but interesting and valid none the less. Wednesday was Natasha's birthday and I took Talon and Azurdey into visit the class for her "Double Special Day". So she got to do the same activities as Allie but also got to add in her birthday celebration. Kyle and I also enjoyed playing games at scouts. I am his den leader. Later that evening, those of us that could go, went and had cake and presents with Natasha. She seemed to have had a fun day. Journee had mutual and Kyle had practice that night as well. Kyle is enjoying Little League Baseball and has had practices most week nights. He is excited for his first game this coming Thursday. He also got to be one of the 3 kids to represent his class in the school spelling bee on Thursday.

I attended several other appointments mixed in around all of this and Journee went to her school Talent Show on Thursday. Friday, Vicki kept Azurdey for me (thanks again) so that Ger and I could go to Billings and order some stuff for our house. Journee helped out at home after school. I always appreciate her help. Vicki and Jake and family took Azurdey and Allie to the elementary school carnival with them. I know the girls liked that. Friday night we watched "The Water Horse" and had fun visiting with Mark for his birthday. Journee had fun playing with Azurdey on Saturday and she took these pictures of her.
Otherwise Saturday we kind of crashed. Journee got to go to the movie with her friends. Talon got really sick and so I spent the day comforting him. We also let the kids rent a couple other movies for the evening. "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and "The Seeker"
Today is going to be a massive laundry and picking up the house day. What fun. Hope everyone has a good week.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Sounds like a busy, fun week. That is cool about Kyle and the spelling bee; how did he do?

Snowball Fight

Don't send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!